Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) contained herein on this webpage shall govern your use of this website including all pages within this website (“Website”). These Terms apply in full force and effect to your use of this website, and by continuing to keep an active user account on this site, you expressly accept all Terms and Conditions herein contained in full. You must not use this website if you have any objection to these Terms.
2. Activity and Associated Risks
Skydiving is an inherently hazardous activity, and you may be exposed to dangers and hazards associated with the sport. As a consequence of this risk, you may be seriously hurt or disabled or may die from the resulting injuries. You freely assume the above-mentioned risks as well as other risks not listed that are part of this activity, and any harm, injury or loss that may occur to you or your property as a result of my participation in the Activity of Skydiving and Skydive Training.
3. Release of Liability
When you originally signed up and created your user account, you clicked the “I agree” box, and in doing so you released SkydiveTraining(.)Org and Online Training Concepts LLC (hereby referred to collectively as “Released Parties”), and all its employees, agents, officers, and contractors FROM ALL LIABILITIES, CAUSES OF ACTION, CLAIMS AND DEMANDS that arise in any way from any injury, death, loss or harm that occur to you or to any other person or to any property during the Activity or in any way related to the Activity, including during transportation to or from the Activity. This RELEASE includes claims for the negligence of the Released Parties and claims for strict liability for abnormally dangerous activities.
You also agree NOT TO SUE or make a claim against the Released Parties for death, injuries, loss or harm that occur during the Activity or are related in any way to the Activity.
By clicking the “I agree” box, you promised to INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Released Parties (defined in Section 3) against any and all claims to which Section 3 of this agreement applies, including claims for their own negligence. You also promised to INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND the Released Parties against any and all claims for your own negligence, and any other claim arising from your conduct during the Activity. In accordance with these promises, you will reimburse the Released Parties for any damages, reasonable settlements and defense costs, including attorney’s fees, that they incur because of any such claims made against them. You agree that in the event of your death or disability, the terms of this agreement, including the indemnification obligation in this Section, will be binding on your estate, and your personal representative, executor, administrator or guardian will be obligated to respect and enforce them.
5. Recognition of Copyright Protected Content
- Users agree that all information or material presented on this site in both free areas and pay-only content areas has commercial value in the business in which SkydiveTraining(.)Org and Online Training Concepts LLC (hereby referred to as “OTC”) is engaged.
- Copyright Protected Material Includes, but is not limited to, any and all content found on all available free and paid courses displayed and made available to the User on SkydiveTraining(.)Org.
6. Obligations of User.
- User shall hold and maintain Copyright Protected Material for the sole and exclusive benefit of the User’s education with specific regard to Skydiving and Skydive Training.
- User is free to promote the site and any content that they have access to with the intent of encouraging others to create accounts and experience the online training material for themselves.
- User shall not give out their log-in credentials with the intent of defrauding OTC of additional users that would potentially pay for access to course content.
- User shall not, without prior written approval of a legal representative of OTC, use for User’s own benefit, re-publish, copy, duplicate any Copyright Protected Content, or permit the use of paid content by others to the commercial detriment of OTC.
- User shall not create or assist in the construction of a similar educational or commercial website dedicated to Online Skydiving Education, or do any development work for a company or entity that intends to, or has already begun development work on an online educational website for paraglider training, hang glider training, skydive training, or general aviation training in any location inside or outside the United States.
Any and all actions determined to be in violation of this agreement shall grant OTC and any of its employees, contractors, or affiliates full permission to pursue legal recourse for those actions. Such violations will be handled by applicable local government and law enforcement. In the event that violations occur outside the United States, the laws that govern business in the US shall be used as the basis for any legal action taken.